Due to an overwhelming response, LEGO Camp 2017 is full. Thank you to all families who have registered. We will see you on July 24th!
There are a few spaces left in Chess Camp 2017 so if you’re still looking for an awesome fun filled week for your child, please register soon.
We would like to express our sincerest thanks to all teachers, parents and coaches who brought their students to this year`s two day version of the Grade by Grade. We appreciate your hard work in organizing buses, gathering permission slips, finding playoff drivers, collecting cash, directing students to their playing sections, score keeping a section and troubleshooting issues with your students on site. The event was a great success, thanks to so many supporters and volunteers!
We had nearly 1,000 students participating this year and over 31,000 in our 25 year history. An amazing accomplishment indeed!
The Ontario Youth Chess Championship is the weekend of May 6th and 7th. For students who finished in the top three and are interested in competing at the Provincial level, please check out the links below for more information.
The 2017 Teams Chess Tournament has been rescheduled for Friday, May 5th at St. Catherine of Siena. Registration for teams of 4 are completed through schools only. Information can be found under “What’s Happening”. We hope to see many competitors there.
Details for our very popular summer camps have been finalized and we’re ready to accept registrations. Please check out the flyers located under “2017 Summer Camps”.
Chess Camp is the week of July 10th and LEGO Camp is the week of July 24th. We have many fun and exciting activities planned for both weeks. Please sign up early to ensure a spot for your child.
Register your child for both camps and receive complimentary before and after care. That’s an $80.00 saving!
Happy 2017! Can you believe it? We’re half way through January already yet it seems like the new school year just began. My how time flies.
We are very excited to announce that we will be hosting our 25th Grade by Grade Chess Championship in March. To celebrate this milestone, we will be holding 2 tournaments; March 28th & March 29th. Information packages have already been emailed to all schools. If you did not receive yours, check out the “What’s Happening” section for more information. To ensure you receive future emails, please email Anthony van de Ven at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The annual Teams Tournament will take place the following week on Friday, April 7th. Thank you to St. Catherine of Siena for hosting this year’s event.
Please note that registrations for the Grade by Grade and the Teams Tournament are through schools only! Individual registrations will not be accepted.
If you are interested in competing outside of school hours, we have 2 tournaments coming up; our Winter Classic on February 1st and the LCP Spring on March 1st. These tournaments take place in the evening and are held at the London Waldorf School on Beaufort Street. Registration forms can be found under “Tournaments”.
Summer is almost here and that means LEGO Camp and Chess Camp is less than a couple of months away.
Please note that This n That Camp has been cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused the families who had enrolled their child and hope that, if they haven’t already, they will consider enrolling in LEGO and or Chess Camp.
Registration has been steady but we do still have a couple of spaces available in either camp. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Photos from the 2016 Grade by Grade Chess Tournament have now been uploaded. Select the “Tournaments” section to view.
We still have space available in our 3 camps;
- LEGO – Jul y 4th – 8th
- Chess – July 18th – 22nd
- This and That – August 2nd – 5th
For camp information, please go to the 2016 Summer Camps under the “What’s Happening” section.
Hurry as space is limited.
2016 Grade by Grade Tournament Results
Grade 3 – Boys
- 1st Kareem O. – Matthews Hall
- 2nd Teodor N.
- 3rd Abdulmohaimen A. – Ashley Oaks
- 4th Thomas O. – W Sherwood Fox
- 5th Grayson G. – Lambeth
- 6th Rowan P. – River Heights
- 7th Fayne W. – Pierre Elliott Trudeau
- 8th Tyler B.
Grade 4 – Boys
- 1st Yazan S. – Ashley Oaks
- 2nd Hoon J. – Stoney Creek
- 3rd Sean S. – Strathroy Community Christian
- 4th Alec T. – Montesssori
- 5th Rayan M. – Matthews Hall
- 6th Jeevan J. St. Michael
- 7th Cole L. – East Oxford
- 8th Trevor M. – Ashley Oaks
Grade 5 – Boys
- 1st Riley – East Oxford
- 2nd Mohammed S. – Ashley Oakes
- 3rd Shamim – Byron Somerset
- 4th Caleb – High Day
- 5th Viljar – Ryerson
- 6th Mahmoud – Riverside
- 7th Jewan M. – Strathroy Community Christian
- 8th Ethan – Wilfrid Jury
Grade 6 – Boys
- 1st Nathan C. – Lord Roberts
- 2nd Raymond T. – Stoney Creek
- 3rd Steven – Pearson
- 4th Adam O. – Matthews Hall
- 5th Ben S. – St. Catherine of Siena
- 6th Dominic O. – W. Sherwood Fox
- 7th Hasan C. – Riverside
- 8th Silas B. – Pierre Elliott Trudeau
Grade 7 – Boys
- 1st Adam L. – Pearson
- 2nd Jason A. – Riverside
- 3rd Cole M. – Matthews Hall
- 4th Molik S. – Ashley Oaks
- 5th Alexander W. – Matthews Hall
- 6th Will M. – Ryerson
- 7th Colin H. – Riverside
- 8th Aidan M. – Northridge
Grade 8 – Boys
- 1st Daniel B. – St. John F.I.
- 2nd Jason L. – Stoney Creek
- 3rd James C. – W Sherwood Fox
- 4th Joshua W. – Stoney Creek
- 5th Nick G. – St. John F.I.
- 6th Cam M. – East Oxford
- 7th Luke C. – Northridge
- 8th Tyler S. – Montessori
Grade 3 – Girls
- 1st Promise A. – Immanuel Christian
- 2nd Vivian D. – Ashley Oaks
- 3rd Meriem N. – River Heights
- 4th Natalia P. – Our Lady of Lourdes
- 5th Samantha G. – Our Lady of Lourdes
- 6th Katie G. – Our Lady of Lourdes
- 7th Makayla V. – Our Lady of Lourdes
- 8th Danielle P. – St. Michael
Grade 4 – Girls
- 1st Charlotte C. – Lord Roberts
- 2nd Samah S. – Ashley Oaks
- 3rd Gina S. – Wilfrid Jury
- 4th Mckenna G. – Byron Somerset
- 5th Naomi P. – Immanuel Christian
- 6th Cheyenne Y. – Pierre Elliott Trudeau
- 7th Taylor H. – Northridge
- 8th Kayla V. – Byron Somerset
Grade 5 – Girls
- 1st Nicole – St. John F.I.
- 2nd Moira – North Meadows
- 3rd Anna – SALT
- 4th Meya – Ashley Oaks
- 5th Cassidy – Wilfrid Jury
- 6th Danielle – North Meadows
- 7th Jaelyn – London Christian
- 8th Shelbi – North Meadows
Grade 6 – Girls
- 1st Klare B. – Stoney Creek
- 2nd Christina M. – Marie Curie
- 3rd Madison A. – St. John F.I.
- 4th Diana K. – St. Sebastian
- 5th Sydney E. – East Oxford
- 6th Brooklyn N. – St. Catherine of Siena
- 7th Rachel K. – London Christian
- 8th Ciara W. – St. Michael
Grade 7 – Girls
- 1st Althea D. – Matthews Hall
- 2nd Theresa N. – St. Michael
- 3rd Caroline S. – St. Catherine of Siena
- 4th Ava D. – St. John F.I.
- 5th Robyn G. – Parkview
- 6th Isla V. – St. Michael
- 7th Rachel C. – St. Michael
- 8th Chloe J. – Pierre Elliott Trudeau
Grade 8 – Girls
- 1st Elizabeth D. – SALT
- 2nd Rita M. – St. Sebastian
- 3rd Emily B. – St. Patrick’s
- 4th Macie H. – St. Michael
- 5th Ashley J. – St. Patrick’s
- 6th Amber H. – Byron Somerset
- 7th Cassidy P. – Northridge
- 8th Erica B. – Byron Somerset
Junior Division-Grades 9 & 10
- 1st Yamen – Lucas
- 2nd David W. – Central
- 3rd Kareem N. – Lucas
Senior Division-Grades 11 & 12
- 1st Bowen Z. – Central
- 2nd John Z. – Beal
- 3rd Josh B. – Lucas
Congratulations to all competitors for their outstanding effort!