- Chess helps kids with many skills;
– judgment – focus – analysis – concentration – imagination – memory – creativity – sportsmanship – patience
- Chess is an incredibly powerful educational tool and many educators are realizing that. It is an excellent tool to demonstrate the theme of critical thinking. During games, a player must formulate a plan of attack or defence.
- Chess is a game of problem solving, evaluation, intuition and planning – much like the study of mathematics
- Chess is a game that allows for students of dissimilar backgrounds to integrate with others
- Chess is for everyone!
Why Does Chess Belong In Schools?
- It can provide a lifetime hobby
- It has international appeal
- It demands that participants exercise their best powers of concentration, planning, judgment, creativity, memory, and decisiion-making
- 8 lessons per program / 40 minutes per lesson
- Lessons include instructions and practical application
- Lessons provided 1 day a week for 8 weeks
- All equipment is provided
Please contact us for more information or for a complimentary workshop.